History of Aabenraa City Camping
Aabenraa City Camping is established based on the former Aabenraa Hostel and Camping.
The hostel was built in 1937 and expanded in 1967.
The campsite was originally built in 1953 in one or more former gravel pits. The site has been expanded and rebuilt several times, most recently in 2004, where the site has been expanded from 70 units to 145 units including cabins and tent sites. At the same time, the place was upgraded from 1 to 3 stars.
Since the facility has existed for so many years, there are large and old trees, which together with the hilly terrain provide many beautiful stands.
Aabenraa City Camping is located on the highest hill in the southern part of Aabenraa city with a magnificent view over the city and the fiord. The highest point is 27 m above sea level. On the campsite there is a height difference of almost 20 m from the highest point to the lowest area of the site.
There is no doubt that the hill has been attractive for many times. In the garden by the main building is a well-preserved burial mound from the Bronze Age.